The winners of fat quarter sets of Good Folks from fabricworm are:

Beth said...

I began sewing as a way to save money -- store-bought curtains were just too expensive!

Lois0607 said...

My mom had an old singer with a foot treadle. I loved the beauty of that machine and wanted to learn to use it. My Aunt Fay taught me how to sew, knit and crochet. I never looked back.

LOIS - I DO NOT HAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS! Please email me at thefabricshopper (at) gmail (dot) com

Look for an email from The Fabric Shopper and I will put you in touch with fabricworm to collect your prizes!

Thanks to all who entered! I read each and every comment and was touched and inspired by your stories! And, to answer the question posed to you...

Cynthia (fabricworm): I was inspired to sew when I was about 12 by my mother who was always either sewing, or using her crafty hands for other projects. She was always making something. I'm so fond of the sound of an old sewing machine running, it is nostalgic for me and I still use my Mom's 1960 Sears Kenmore, Avocado Green Sewing Machine, it's sentimental and just has a lovely sound to it:)

Melanie O. (The Fabric Shopper): I learned how to sew in Home Ec class in high school, but it wasn't until years later that I felt inspired to sew. That came when I first saw a Kaffee Fassett book, I never knew quilts could look like that! Then I discovered Amy Butler, then craft and sewing blogs. I am so inspired by all the beautiful projects I see on the web everyday!