Fabric Inspiration: TV


Have you seen this show? The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency is on HBO and I've only just seen it (I don't have cable or satellite - but my father does!) This isn't a review of the show but I will say that I thought it was delightful and even though it's on HBO, it is tame enough to be on network TV. The reason I'm writing about it is the fabulous fabrics and colors that appear in every scene. It is fabric-lovers heaven! Every outfit worn by the lead actresses (played by Jill Scott and Anika Noni Rose) is made with beautiful fabrics. That coupled with colorful backgrounds and saturated colors makes every scene a delight to the senses. Even if the fabrics aren't quite your thing, you definitely could be inspired by the color combinations and cinematography (shot on location in Botswana).


The Costume Designer for the show, Jo Katsaras, has this note on her web site:
"Due to the overwhelming response to the costumes on No.1 Ladies Detective Agency, I am looking into starting my own online store. It'll be a celebration of all my favourite African things....so watch this space!"
Apparently, I'm not the only one in love with the clothing!


Have you seen the show? What do you think? Are there any TV shows or movies that you find inspiring on a fabric-loving level?