WOW! This was tough! So many creative entries!
June 8, 2009, 9:29:12 PM CDT
Ooh! What a great way to determine who wins an awesome giveaway! I've been thinking about this all afternoon. Here's my list....
It's a grouping of nature inspired & science fabrics in grays, blues, and greens, with a few shocks of red. On my computer it looks awesome -- I hope it's great in person! Let's name this collection....
Wood, Sky, Sea, and Science
1. Rocket Scientist by Kari Beyer (LOVE THIS!)
2. Heather Ross Far Far Away Snails in blue
3. Lush Wood Grain in Moss
4. Tula Pink's Mermaid's Tail in Storm
5. Arcadia, Flock in Bark
6. Koi in vibrant red
7. Lush Wood Grain in Sky
8. French Map in Angel Food (Too great!)
9. Tortoise Shell in Deep Sea
10. Briquetage from the Granville Collection
11. Good Folks Filigree in Dusk
12. Wonderland Metamorphosis in Tomato
The Random Winner is:
June 9, 2009, 6:43:19 AM CDT
What a great idea to create your own bundle. A hard choice, but I went with:
"Trip to the Farmer's Market"
Wonderland by Momo, Mad Hatter in sugar
Neptune by Tula, Mermaid's Tail in Storm
Heather Ross Snails in Blue
Sandi Henderson, Farmer's Market Petal Party in Spring
Nouveau by Sentimental studios
Metro Market Chicken in Spring
Metro Market apples in multi
Wonderland Momo, Rabbit hole in Tomato
Wonderland Momo, Metamorphosis in Tomato
Alexander Henry Le Coq du Granville, from the Granville collection
Wonderland Momo, Tweedle Dum in tomato
Sandi Henderson Farmer's Market Apple Dot in Spring
But wait, there's more! Two honorable mentions will not win their fabric but are being recognized for their awesome designs! These bundles will also be listed for sale at Whipstitch (with credit to the designers):
mon ami says:
3 days ago, 3:08:08 PM CDT
ok I must admit I had so much fun making my first entry that I decided to make another one!
This one is called 'country fair'. It is inspired by the Lizzy House print of ribbons which I picture being awarded at a country fair. I also think this collection would make a great picnic quilt with a white background (just begging for grass stains I know but that is a risk I am willing to take).
1. new red letter day from lizzy house- champion in pond
2. Cotton seersucker from Fabric Finders - light blue pinstripe
3. Mingle by Monaluna for Robert Kaufman - Circles in summer
4. Metro Market apples in aqua, from Monaluna
5. Faded Memories from Moda, silky stripe in lemonade
6. Heather Ross Far Far Away Snails in blue
7. Pimatex cotton broadcloth in aqua/lime polka dots
8. Anna Maria Horner Good Folks, Cathedral in Dusk
9. 21-wale Cotton Corduroy in Turquoise (if this weight doesn't work the Kona cotton solids from Robert Kaufman, robin egg would also be lovely)
10. Pimatex cotton broadcloth in aqua/lime stripes
11. Carolina Gingham from Robert Kaufman, celery
12. Red Letter Day by Lizzy House, Stripes in galosh
June 9, 2009, 12:42:39 PM CDT
I am also a follower! The pink and oranges remind me of the sugar sprinkles my boys like to put on their oatmeal - plus these prints are so stinkin sweet!
Far Far Away Snails in orange
Alexander Henry April Showers in light blue
Tillbrook stripe in pink
Anna Maria Horner Good Folks, Cathedral in peony
Anna Maria Horner Good Folks, Cathedral in Zinnia
Kona cotton solids, petal pink
Spotted Owl in blue
Red Letter Day in Feather Pearl Bracelet
Red Letter Day in Feather Ugly Duckling
Red Letter Day in Feather Walk in the Woods
Anna Maria Horner Good Folks, Fortune in zinnia
Anna Maria Horner Good Folks, Buttoned Up in pomegranate
WINNERS! PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES SO I CAN PUT YOU IN TOUCH WITH DEBORAH!